The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tinion 45

Photo Club scorer

http://visiclef.net

A few BB Forum members may be interested in the above link about a Photo Club Scoring system using mobile phone apps. It was drawn to my attention through the UK PAGB e news newsletter. Probably beats typing fingers scrolling through large spreadsheets, been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Looks like there maybe some AV' s to look through on the site as well.

Tonion, I did have a look at this site, do you know anyone who is using this scoring system and how?

is it to allow a multitude of people like members to rate images?

I don't know anyone who is using the system, but I would think the developers would know of a few. I think it was developed by club members and used in their club as a scoring system. It looks like it was developed for multiple judging so 3 judges could use the app to score and the results are sent to an excel spreadsheets automatically. It also sounds as if the whole club could judge, if they all had the app and a smartphone or tablet for example. We use pen and paper for the one night we do whole club judging and it's long winded to add up the results and give them out on the night. 

Similarly one judge could have the app and score the images. Might be interesting to hear commentary, but not the score and wait until the very end to find out the results.

I am sure the web site had details of how it all worked for them. The PAGB e-news carried similar details. http://www.pagbnews.co.uk/newsletter-archive

Download issue 204 from the link above for the photo club scorer write up.

Used in Newton Abbot club according to the website. There is some demo software and user guides to download from the website given above. Google play app cost 1.99 for android devices. Apple devices app cost is probably similar.