The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bogari0171

.exe Files limit

I have a friend who makes videoshows on his trips around the world with a SW called m.objects.

He makes long videoshows, even exceeding half an hour and is planning to move to 4k for a better definition.

His problem is that he generates very big files and m.objects does not allow to generate exe files over 2 Gbytes.

I suggested him to generate mp4 files (which will be definitely bigger!) or to switch to PTE, but I do no know if the same problem will arise also in this case.

So my question is: is 2 GB an absolute limit for an exe file, or has it to do with a specific SW program?

Thanks for any help

Claudio

The limit in Version 9 is 2Gb and is (I think) a Windows 32 Bit limit.

Igor recently promised to TRY to increase it in the next version.

I have a vague recollection of it being possible to place the video in a folder along with the exe file and that this would get around the 2Gb limit. 

Perhaps Barry remembers.

DG

I am not knowledgeable on these large file sizes, but I am satisfied that an Mp4 at 60p is the same as a Exe file. Try one from the audio visual tab at the top. Try The Directors Cut via sequences - page 7

Update:

Since version 9.0.14 the file size limit is 3.9 Gb.

It is still possible to put a large video file in a folder outside of the exe.

I have never done it but there are users at the PicturesToExe forum who could give you a step-by-step.

DG

P.S. Use tick box for Video in O&A Properties.

The size increase is around 1:3, but I personally think we have reached a stage where it doesn't really matter that much. I know some will say it does, but if an upload to YouTube takes 5 minutes or it takes 15, what does it matter. It's the quality of the show that's the crucial thing.

As Dave says above you can put a video outside the exe, but it you had large video files, wouldn't Mp4 be a better idea?

Thanks Dave and Barry for the useful comments.

I raised the point because my friend normally uses a high-quality projector and is planning to buy an 8k one.

His major issue is the quality and definition; he will never put his videoshow on internet, and considers the exe file better and more portable, due the minor size. I will not be able to convince him to switch to Mp4, (even if I tried) and he will continue to wait that the 2 GB limit will be overcome

Thanks again

Claudio