The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Three Wheels on my Wagon

It’s an oldie from 2016. It’s Infra-Red which most will have gathered, but I did spend quite some time on the strategic editing. It wasn’t one of those exposures where a global change wasn't anywhere near enough. I seem to recall it was taken in the middle of a red hot day. Very bright Aussie sun

Funny thing is, I was looking for a small batch of images to demonstrate ACR pre-sets and stumbled on these and once again saw something in the shots I didn’t see at the time. Nothing remotely interesting on TV, so a spent my time on this. 

It has lots of detail, so I applied a light simplify filter, which I believe helps.

BTW, other members !!! You are allowed to make a comment, even if your not keen, you are allowed to disagree 😇 it’s healthy and you’re in a Politically Correct Free Zone 

Did not notice on the forum picture but once opened large, can see you have done some colouration of the wagon. This I think lifts the image from being just another IR snap. The perfect application of the rule of thirds and having the balance of the tree on the right really helps lift the image. Although at first glance the subject looks a bit mundane, being drawn in by the colour application on the wagon would make a judge take a second look and start to see a story emerging from the picture. I don't think it would have the same impact being just a black and white image.   

The only negative comment I can make about the image is the lower branch on the right has a bright white patch in the leaves (possibly cloud) that could do with some adjustment by toning down or cloning out. The grass on the bottom of the wheel on the left could also benefit from toning down from bright white. I know IR tends to give every thing green that bright white look, the trees leaves for example are showing a nice light and tone. The bright white patches I talk about, draw the eyes when inspecting the image closely. 

Not teaching you how to suck eggs... hopefully you agree with me, or can give us reasons why not. 😉   

12 hours ago, Tinion 45 said:

The only negative comment I can make about the image is the lower branch on the right has a bright white patch in the leaves (possibly cloud) that could do with some adjustment by toning down or cloning out. The grass on the bottom of the wheel on the left could also benefit from toning down from bright white. I know IR tends to give everything green that bright white look, the trees leaves for example are showing a nice light and tone. The bright white patches I talk about, draw the eyes when inspecting the image closely. 

Not teaching you how to suck eggs... hopefully you agree with me, or can give us reasons why not. 😉   

I think your right, there are a few spots that need a little burning down. The one in the tree is a small cloud behind the leaves.  If only I followed my own advice of leaving the creative process and come back later, but that is easier said than done. Most of us when in full creative flow would have trouble coming to a stop. 

Now I have opened it up again I fixed those light areas you mentioned, but then saw some more too. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this