The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Jurassic Park Theme

I have always been a fan of this music and have used the original on an Audio Visual called The Blue Mountains

However, I came across this version recently, which I think is superb to listen to and watch this guy play the theme on ONE guitar. A solo Weissenborn arrangement of John William's 'Jurassic Park Theme' by Thomas Oliver. 

Lovely playing, great tone, fantastic finger picking, thanks for sharing. Never come across the weissenborn guitar before but it looks different to a normal guitar with no frets, probably because it's a slide guitar and looks like it uses the fret area beneath as part of it's sound box.

I like watching James Taylor on you tube teaching how he plays his songs with a camera inside the sound box. 

Yes Barry, a great slide man indeed. I've quite a few tracks by Thomas and his band. Based in Wellington, he's one of the best to come out of NZ.

Take a listen to his masterful version of 'Coming Back To Life' by Pink Floyd if you can.

I had never heard of the Weissenborn guitar, but it popped up in YouTube feed while I was watching one on the making of guitars. Given that this music is a favourite of mine it worked with me straight away.

I haven’t listened to Thomas with his band much, just the instrumentals on the Weissenborn, but I will do. This guy has talent and he has definitely paid his 10,000 hours price to learn to play like that