The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

What image is better?

The only difference between them is 4m:20s, which amounts to quite a bit at certain times of the day. Plus two stops more exposure, the difference in light between 17:52:58 and 17:57:18

_BEB2728-1.jpg

_BEB2738-1.jpg

It is an interesting comparison as opposed to seeing them in isolation. In the first image I like the dream like look, the softer image. I don’t like how it draws my eyes to the very light area of the sky, looks a burnt out and distracting.

I like to detail in the second image, the sky and along the treeline and the hills beyond. Its also shifted the subject to the boat. I’m not so keen on the water, texture and detail as the first image.

You have all summed up pretty much what I thought. I created the second image first in my usual style and I am not sure why I kept on looking and decided I would have a go at the image you see first.

It was a few minutes at a place called Bribie Island, where on the East Coast we can look West across the Pumistone Passage.

Joan. I think in the first shot the sun had set, but not sufficiently for it to kill the bright light. In the second shot, the 4+ minutes made all that difference.

Normally I can easily make up my mind, but there was something different here. I think it’s one of those cases where if you judged these two.  The judgement could go either way depending on your mood on the day

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this