The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

The Rainforest

This is the hardest part of putting cutouts of studio shots into backgrounds. The lighting has to be right to look realistic, so I feel you need to tone down the model especially the rim light on the arm. Maybe trying other things with the background to make it recede with maybe fog or rain added or to desaturate the background more. Maybe adding a texture to the background when desaturated may also help. Lots of things to experiment with, as you know.  

I agree, there is more that could be done. I have been working on a series of videos on selections, well, it keeps me off the streets and it’s been a while since I tackled that subject.

Selections and how we use them has changed quite a bit over the past few years, but amateurs still seem very interested in making effective cutouts. I did a demo a few weeks ago where I showed one technique and offered the members a video and I have had loads of requests for the video link.

However, I have to say this, most want fabulous results, but with no effort. 

The trouble is, as soon as AI can do this for us, we will all lose complete interest. People are not inspired or enthralled about things that are easy to achieve. Basic human nature

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this