The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lithman34

help needed.

I have suddenly developed a problem,  normally I can solve them myself, but I'm stumped on this one.  jpegs in bridge are opening in windows photo viewer instead of photoshop CC.  Raw files open in camera raw, but jpegs seem to have a will of their own and prefer windows photo viewer. 

Any suggestions?

Tried that, file type associations does not function.all the files has none in the last column and won't open. In the past I have had troubles with PNG files and that has always solved the problem.  If you right click you get a browse sign and clicking on that you can access adobe files but none seen to have anything to do with my problem

If the file associations does not function. Do you man it doesn’t work or it does, but does not fix the problem.

Have you tried right clicking a jpg in explorer and assigning PS to open them  there

Iv'e nearly got it cracked,  browsing through in file associations  I got to adobe and photoshop exe,  I was then able to get photoshop as default for jpegs, and PNG files.  although photoshop 2019 is the default program is opens jpeg in camera raw,  at least it's a good step in the right direction.

There are some bugs in 2019 as I have said and I heard another experienced user say the same recently. Perhaps this is another and if you can live with it a few weeks it will be resolved.

Sometimes we can spend hours on an issue where there isn't a solution at our end. Frustrating at times