The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Definition of a Slide Style

I was writing something today about slide styles and the main heading was. What is a Slide Style? I found when I came to put something down on paper. It wasn't as easy as I thought. Mainly because of the great variety of options, one image or many can be included in a slide style

Anyone fancy having a go at defining slide styles in a simple sentence

Slide Style Definition:

Accomplish yourself in seconds what an experienced user of this software may take an hour to produce. So, Slide Styles can save time by applying simple or complex animations/effects to single or multiple images. You can use Slide Styles already made or imported from others, or create them yourself to save time with repetitive tasks

Good to see you had to use three simple sentences, not just one. I think it warrants more sentences to accomplish what you are trying to achieve. I think your first sentence needs more revision as it implies a beginner can use slide styles to create something in seconds yet the experienced user is going to take an hour. Usually the experienced user would know what slide styles are and how to use them.

It probably does require more thought, but I doubt I need to worry about that till some time next year when PTE10 comes out. I wanted something to sum up slide styles for the newer user and be ready to record some new tutorials.

I think slide styles will evolve again and probably demand a set of videos dedicated to them. Been playing around with recording screen capture videos of Photoshop nrushes and using them in PTE masks, but as a video. It seems to sound more complicated than it is 

Hi There

I am thinking in simple terms at the moment. This may help Barry, as you know I use Photodex for slide shows. The info below has helped me understand slide styles, I'm sure it will mean the same for PTE and be useful for newer users.

What exactly is a slide style?

Slide styles are pre-built, ready-made effects that you can apply to any slide. When you apply a slide style; the style acts as a blueprint. Within that blueprint are all of the instructions ProShow needs in order to create the desired effect. The number of layers, the layers’ appearance, motion effects, adjustment effects, captions and even slide sounds – all of that information is stored within the slide style.

Each time you make a new effect, you can save it as a slide style. As you create more and more effects, you’re effectively creating a complete toolbox of effects that you can quickly access and modify. You’ll find that shows will take you less and less time as you build up your library of your favorite or most often used effects.

🙂

Hello Doreen how you doing?

That sounds a pretty good description. A bit longer than I would like, but That length is needed to explain a style. I might have to steal some of those words

Thank you Joan. Photography does help, I had some beautiful bouquets sent to me over the last few weeks, I immediately thought macro. It's the first time I've used the Canon 5Dsr for macro shots.

The last few months I had been trying to put a new web site together combing photography and crafts to sell. I put it on hold for now,  when it looks okish I will post it on the forum, I would love some comments. 

yellow rose683.jpg