The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Slow Forum

Not sure what is causing the slowness with the pages of the forum, but I have submitted a ticket to my web space providers to return it to normal speed asap.

I put in a support ticket and they said they had been through and optimized the forum to it's utmost potential, server-side. So, lets see how it goes

They have just emailed and said they have elevated the issue. This time the main page appeared in 2s, but then to reply to you it took longer, but not as bad as yesterday. It looks like I may have a fault with my new iPad pro too. Its all technical stuff with me at the moment 

Everytime I leave the iPad and it closes after 2 minutes. When I come back I can't get any Internet and have to do a full close down and reboot to get it back. Then  as soon as I leave it, down it goes again. The wife's one is fine and my iPad gives all the symbols that it is online, but isn't. Should have a call back from their technical people soon to see how it is. Not good.

Trouble is, its 160k round trip to the Apple Store. Pain in the arse

If you are using a usb-c earphone adapter on your ipad pro, try unplugging that to see if your ipad still disconnects from internet after sleep. Apparently Wi-Fi still connected but internet lost after sleep. Lots of people have returned ipad pro to get the same issue on new one. Apple will probably have a fix soon.

I got a replacement iPad yesterday, only just configuring it. However, I did notice tha when I removed the USBc headphones, the pad came back to life 

forum still very slow, will rattle their cage today

Tinion. You’re exactly right and I must get more in the swing of googling these issues. The new iPad does the self same thing and after looking on Google I can see this is not a problem with just me. So, how come the world knows of this issue, but not the Apple Technicians? 180km round trip and wasted hours  for nothing.

I’m on the phone now to Apple, because i’m seriously Pissed

Feeling your pain with the ipad pro. Apple technicians not always up to speed with latest issues but eventually word gets round. Problems mostly shared quickly on internet, but you have to be sure how dated the info is. Usually Apple are quick to offer fixes so I would wait a few days and keep checking for updates. Some debating why they went to usb-c instead of normal Jack for earphones. Suspect it's got to be a software issue rather than hardware, but cannot understand why the problem is there in the first place. Can imagine it is pretty crucial to you that it gets fixed as I bet you are using earphones all the time for you tube vids.

Yes, I listen to YouTube and music on the eye pad with headphones all the time. One solution may be to close the iPad cover before leaving it. That closes it down manually, which seems to be different

I did make a complaint yesterday about the time and cost I have spent on a problem and got nowhere. They said they will get back to me. There had better be no sharp objects around when the next person tells me. Well, Apple just works👹

Well I made a formal complaint about wasted time and money, but not had the promised reply to that yet. So far, Apple are not doing anywhere near what their reputation suggests

The Forum website is going to be migrated to a more up to date server. I guess that means all the files are copied from one drive to another. Although this morning the 19th December, the forum speed is better. It can still take many seconds for each page to come up. So, it's still not right.

I guess that process will be seamless to us, but you never know. I have given them the go ahead so if you can't get the forum as any time, try later and hopefully things will be back to normal. I wonder if it was that server that caused me issues recently with band width ????

Whoop - te - doo. It must be Christmas 

Perhaps with those of us of a certain age. There is a still a bit of astonishment when something technical actually works