The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Presentation

I need some help with topics for videos on the subject of Presentation. We have the obvious ones like edge lines, drop shadow frames, block mounting and multiple image  presentation. I could add Montage, and strategic colour, but I wonder if there are topics I’m missing.

Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received

As most images are now shown digitally there isn't really much more you can do.The only thing I can suggest is check the background that the images are going to be shown on as a thin line may be needed to separate from the background.

Hello Lithman How you doing?

I did the fine line idea first. Just trying to get a view from other minds on what they think of as presentation.

What about borders and frames, like your ornate variety. Ok it is not something you would use everyday or have multiple examples in an AV, but for individual images it could be useful. Even ornate lines single or double, outside of the image edges like those art deco matting types.

Yes, that may work. I vignette loads of my images, but most people would not see it unless they saw a before and after. With blurring, I suppose you mean strategic blur to influence where we look in a picture. A bit like strategic colour which is another technique that could slot in under the heading of presentation