The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Canon 5D Mk4

I took the plunge and bought a new camera and decided against the 5DSr. (50MP)  Nothing that special about the image below. Shot around the middle of the day (worst time really) with the 5D Mk4 (30MP). Blisteringly hot at Bells Creek about  32c. But, how can you announce a new camera and not post a picture

_D4_0085-1.jpg

It was a quick edit just to post something, but you’re right about the blue. Normally I use smart objects and multiple layers to adjust stuff like that. This was a one layer quickie before cooking dinner 😄

It was a silly time to go out and try a new camera. Talk about Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun. It was bloody hot and after a while I was FORCED into a local tavern for a beer.

Barry

This is now just getting plain silly.

Whoever heard of going to the extreme of buying a new camera just to create an excuse to get a beer?

Regards

wideangle

PS Looking forward to seeing some good shots from you!

Actually I have this cunning plan. You take a beer out of the fridge and a cold glass. You put them in the freezer and set the smart phone timer for 15 minutes, no longer. Retrieve and pour beer when the alarm goes off and it’s icy cold. Just another minute and you would would have the beginnings of ice. At 30-32c heat it’s perfect.

Its against Queensland law I think to serve beer in the summer where your fingers don’t stick to the glass with cold 😂

New pictures, i’ll have the beer first and hope to grab some on a trip to Tasmania soon. 

Have you secretly been on a course to learn all about this technical stuff, or have you quietly been perfecting it over a long period of time?

Take care not to let that temperature fall too low, because it will be more difficult to take those good photos with a glass stuck to your fingers.

Regards

wideangle

No courses, Just perfected by my own desire to keep the beer as cold as possible for as long as possible and stay out of Queensland Jail for drinking beer that's not super cold

Take care not to let that temperature fall too low, because it will be more difficult to take those good photos with a glass stuck to your fingers

This is a bit of a dilemma, but in the end I have discovered you have to put the beer down to take the shot. It's a difficult moral dilemma I know, and sometimes the beer wins😃

Hey Dave, just realised that cloud to the right of the tree isn’t a cloud. It’s smoke from a fire on Bribie Island. These fires are pretty common here, especially in summer. Just looked at it again and remember remarking to my wife about it as we got close to Bells Creek

I’ve had to send for a new eye piece for the 5D mk4 with a +3 diopter adjustment lens. I have one for all my camera so I can use them without glasses. The viewfinders  all have a built in adjustment, but my eyes have gone past what the normal adjustment can cope with .

49 minutes ago, Barry said:

Hey Dave, just realised that cloud to the right of the tree isn’t a cloud. It’s smoke from a fire on Bribie Island. These fires are pretty common here, especially in summer. Just looked at it again and remember remarking to my wife about it as we got close to Bells Creek

If you enlarge it the smoke becomes obvious!!

The light there amazed me during our short stay. I wish that dslr's had been available at that time.

DG

Yes, I think your right, but in this bright sun I need Photoshop too, because I find the colours will be a bit cool and a little blue and that kills that Aussie summer look. Even though that shot was a quick edit, it has that summer look. As I view it, I can feel the heat of the beach I was on, and I can hear the cicadas in the trees too.