The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Infrared at Bells Creek

I do mourn the loss of the old wooden boats though. They have become very scarce over the years for obvious reasons and instead of those old clicker built boats with flacking paint, we now have old plastic ones.

They just don’t have quite the same charm. 

personally I think this is a good example where infrared has probably done a much better job than a straight colour version. 

‘What about the filter effect? No-one noticed that yet?

You weren’t really supposed to, but it’s there and it makes a fairly large difference. In images packed with leaves they can look very fussy. Remember that old Buzz filter that people used to death.

It’s now a part of Topaz called Buzsim. Added at a low setting it simplifies the image and it looks much better, especially with infrared, in my opinion of course

I’ve used for quite some time, it’s not a new discovery for me. When you think about it, it does much the same as removing colour from an image. It simplifies the detail in the image and gives the viewer less detail.

Isn’t that what the impressionist painters did way back back when

Nice one Barry. Seeing an image like this using Buzsim reminds me how I've missed infrared and photography for that matter over these last few months😪

Yes Doreen, I have had a very lean year for shooting images. I have a wife almost made invalid by seriously torn muscles at the top of her leg, so we have been housebound far more than usual. I now have a new SLR, I went for the 5D mk4 in the end and a drone and in a few weeks we will get away and I can put them to use. Although, her mobility is still pretty bad, we will have to work from the car.

Are you back to taking pictures yet?

shame to let the infrared gather dust. It needs to see the light, even if that light is invisible. How can light be invisible anyway 😂

Don't want to be depressing but think my light has gone invisible😢. I know my cameras will see it soon though, hoping to get back to it,  don't want withdrawal symptoms.

So sorry to hear about Carol, hope she gets well soon.

I had looked at the Canon 5D mk4, thought it might have been lighter than the 5DRs, I think the mk4 was a little heavier, I am happy with my cameras, just need to take them for a walk now🤔.

You know the problem?

We are creatures of habit and if we are not careful we get settled in our comfortable homes, comfortable with all that we know and like around us and before we know what’s happened, 6 months has gone by.

In the words of Crocodile Dundee, we all need a mate. Someone who shares our interests. Someone you can phone or they phone you and say. I’m going down the beach in the morning, wanna come along?

I used to have one of those, but he slipped away 🙁 way too soon

You are so correct. I agree totally. To sum up my feelings I'm not lonely, but I am alone regarding my photography and interests. But we can't go down the slippery slope path, we gotta get back up again and live the best we can under the circumstances we have... this is how I see it😯

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this