The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Bargara

We are currently at Bargara, about 300k North of our home for a few nights. We have a beachside apartment and I hoped to fly the drone here, but yesterday when we arrived it was hot and very windy and our first full day has started off the same. ☹️ The place is nice though. Here’s a pic from our patio

18A021FE-E9B5-4306-9D33-8E2A361E9561.jpeg

8Another steaming hot day on the Coral Coast at Bargara at around 32-33c. Had a ride south down toward Elliot Heads in the afternoon and stopped to photograph a tractor ploughing in a field. The red earth was being blown by the strong winds and I parked up in the heat of the day and took a few shots.

I must admit, that old song came to mind:- Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun 😁

Then later walking across the sand as Elliot Heads, Canon 5D Mk4 over one shoulder, Mk2 infrared over the other. It was hot and sunny so a poloriser was on the MK 4 

Then is clouded over and threatened a storm, so poor light stopped play. Now we’re back at the apartment on the beach. Red wine on the table and my bald head rather red from those few times I ventured out in the sun without my cap. Darn it 😎 it catches you very quickly here. 

Well, we have had another day exactly the same as the previous two. 32C and windy, so although we found a few pictures to take. My drone is still snug in its case. The wind hasn’t even dropped till well after dark.

Still, patience is a virtue, so I’m told 😀

I would have tried a flight right on dusk, but it’s just been so windy. It’s that hot weather wind that actually helps when your out in it. Normally it dies as the sun dips below the horizon, but it hasn’t here. We are going through a rather hot summer this year 😎

I did mamage to get my drone stuck in a head wind over the river severn recenlty. I swiched it to sports mode and enabled it to fly against the wind and back home

My son was keen on sports mode and it’s now on an easy to reach 3 way switch on the controller. I think my sons was in the settings wasn’t it?

Just got back home and it’s still very windy. In the 30C heat it’s nice to have that wind really, but if you right on the coast the gusts are usually stronger. I will get more confident with it, but only had that one flight up to now.

i have to have a reason to put it up, not just for the sake of flying it. I have to be inspired by the photography 😁