The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Understanding Exposure - Getting it Right

I viewed this with interest as it is the one important message to get accross to beginers. As I watched, the one message that came accross was that if you had worked in the darkroom and had to develope and print your own negatives you would take a lot more care.   When out with your camera the one thought that you kept uppermost in your mind was " I am the one that has to print this so you got the best negative that you could".  You used your light metre over several parts of the scene to get the best reading you could. Nowadays people just click away and use the delete button.

I agree. There is no doubt that we can recover from some exposure errors, but for many that makes their photography very hit and miss. I see many who seem to just accept this as part and parcel of photography.

I am not satisfied with such a failure rate because it's always the best images that seem to fail. Murphy's Law :)

I am working on an evening for our photo club later in the year and exposure features as a topic as well as a little entertainment....I hope. I have thought about recording what will be a live talk and posting it on my web site and here.