The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Picture Post

Some members are aware that Lithman (forum member) is currently staying with us here in Australia and last night (11th Oct 2017) I took him to Moffat Beach, a local spot for an evening shoot. It looked positive for a colourful sunset, but sadly the colour we hoped for didn't show up. However, we took some images anyway. 

_BEB0300-1.jpg

The Lithmans have had a bit of bad luck. The weather was great when they arrived last Tuesday, but for the last 5 days we have had very high rainfall. After a few months of nothing, leaving our rainwater tanks dry. (Only second time in 9 years) The heavens have drenched us with continual all day, every day rain

I tried to find a total for the past week, but couldn’t, but it has to be 10 inches at least. I can tell that by how much water I have emptied out of the pool.

It’s  now showing signs of changing, but the Lithman's don’t seem to have allowed the weather to daunt them at all. Ken has already been working on his images on my spare PC. This was taken before the rains came at Mary Cairncross scenic reserve

posted.jpg

Here is something I found on line

THE Sunshine Coast has been belted with more rain in the past 20 hours than it has all year with the state's record falls for 2017 recorded at a whopping 267mm. And there's more in store today, with a 95% chance of showers forecast, and falls of up to 30mm expected.

The Sunshine Coast could by next Tuesday receive another massive 235mm if the Bureau of Meteorology's forecast proves correct.

I assume the Tuesday they mention above was yesterday and hope it’s not next Tuesday. 

With all that rain Barry the Littman's will be thinking the 'Sunshine Coast' guilty of misleading advertising. Hope it clears up soon.

Photos are good though, rainforests are at their best in overcast weather aren't they?

Just been working a couple of his pictures through Photoshop with Lithmans sitting beside me and he has some nice images. The conditions were perfect for the places he went. I will post one later or tomorrow, but the weather should perk up soon, it always does.

Tomoorow we are taking them to Point Glorious. It’s a high lookout but a little off road. They cannot take their hire car up a road like that, but our 4*4 will manage it easy.

Nice views and after all this rain we could see those mists hanging over the forest, well, fingers crossed :D

_MG_5245-1.jpg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this