The Beckham Digital Forum
JEvans

Tyne Bridges

Having started on looking through Barry's mono tutorials, I seem to have got the bit between my teeth and gone all mono.  Here is another mon image editoed using many of Barry;s techniques.  It is taken from the famous Tyne Swing Bridge looking through the High Level bridge to the King Edward railway bridge.  I used Nik Silver Fx to give some final impact.  Comments welcome.

The original image was much wider and took in the quayside to the right of the left hand bridge pillar.  Although there was some quite interesting stuff there, i decided to crop the image up the the bridge pillar to concentrate the viewer's eye up the river.

Jeff

Tyne Bridges.jpg

I recommend you use the adaptive wide angle filter in PS to straighten the bridge supports, unless they were designed leaning. It looks to be leaning more on the left one than the right but that may be to do with your position and lens used. Maybe experiment more to see if the foreground needs removing (to the black water line) and makes a better framing for the bridge in the rear.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.