The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Political Correct ???

Here's the stupidest thing I have read for a while. It was in a Photo magazine

I have had a Canon 5D converted to Infrared and haven't looked back since.  I shoot Raw, but I don't like to manipulate my images too much. I would rather get things correct in camera

These are the persons words and I wonder how they get Infrared images right in camera.  So, what they appear to be saying is that they are going to convert a camera to shoot light it wasn't designed for. The images the camera produces are going to be flat, dull and probably with a very strong magentas cast. However, I have been so brainwashed by the anti image editing lobby that even when working in an artistic medium where extensive editing is required,  I will deny that and ask you to accept my images as fine art anyway.

“would rather get things correct in camera” is just a cliché used by people who think they are knowledgeable and doing something difference as a way of defining themselves from others. You and I would call it stupidity.

Knowledge is interesting. Some folks can absorb vast quantities of it and become the font of it all. But, they have very little understanding, and end up spouting out lots of useless impractical advice.

I would love to see some of this person’s ‘correct in camera’ infrared images.

Perhaps what is being said here is:-  I have a InfraRed camera, I really don't know enough about image editing to get the best from it, so I'll hide behind the old cliche statement that I can get it right in the camera and don't do much editing.