The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Steadman

John Steadman.

I have the Nik collection of software installed on my PC, but have not been successful in trying to install the Nik filters into lightroom classic, and photoshop cc. I would appreciate any help to install the Nik filters into both these programs. Thanking You.

John.

I have never installed them into LR, but PS and W10 was a straightforward install.

Can you be more specific where your having problems

Use the Installer (Nikcollection-full-1.2.11.exe or later) as though you were updating the software and it should recognize any suitable hosts.

It installed on my new pc a week or two ago without any need for intervention.

DG

Hi Barry.

When I had the new computer back the Nik filters were not in, my wife copied them off her computer and put them into the plug ins folder in Photoshop. I am wondering if that is why they will not work.

Hi daveg

Thanks for the help I will try it.

I do recall the days when plug ins worked via drag and drop, but they seem to be more complex now and probably demand an install.

i have the Nik filters safely stored in case I need to install them again, and backed up too

I just looked into LR, which I don't use, but do have installed and all the filters I have installed in PS are also available in Lightroom via Photo > Edit in

So, if that's not happened for you, why not Google the problem and see what easy solutions may be available