The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

July 2018 Newsletter

I loved the Storm Season Video Barry with animated clouds. The audio was so appropriate,, reminded me of the great animated film "The Lord of the Rings"

I am trying hard to put together a slide show of the Eclipse with moving clouds.. at least I am making a start, my health and hubbies have taken a toll the last two years. 

Thank you for the newsletter it is an inspiration to get my slide show under way.  

Funny you should say that, because I have been thinking about that myself in the past week or so.  One of the problems of starting anything within a few weeks is that we are planning a trip North soon. So, we will be at the mercy of the internet connections as we travel towards the tropical north. So, not a good idea to start just yet

The other issue is how to do it, so that It's meaningful and interesting enough for people to submit, but not something so time consuming that it ties me down too much. I guess we would be talking about constructive comment rather than any first past the post ego trip? So, it would be a bit like last time when it was a honour bound thing with regard the rules. No point in submitting tried and tested images. I think most people know what I mean by that. Shout if you don't and i'll explain

I see no need for names on images and it doesn't matter who the judge is either. I think that is the best way for unbiased and honest comment. However, I am open to suggestions, so any ideas how it could go will be received with thanks

If a first past the post competition was wanted I don't mind that, but see little point in having constructive comments, but always willing to hear different view

Enjoyed the newsletter thanks Barry, look forward to reading it each month. There's always something useful in it.

But I am concerned about Doreen's 'health and hubbies'. Hope you've only one of the latter and that your health is improving Doreen.

And that Carol's back is improving too Barry.

joan

Thank you Joan

Lots of things in our life had to change the last two years , our lovely tourer caravan and our bikes was the worst to bear to get rid of.  My hubby Colin has lost breath though a collapse lung and fighting hard to get back to a normal sort of life. For myself, They say I have a good chance that my health can improve with the latest technology of halo treatment over the next year. I just pray for both of us. I have amazing neighbours, friends and family, my son especially, always there to help. It has been sole destroying mentally and physically to give up part of our lives in such a short time of two years.

But I always smile😀„and come back to my photography, what would we do without it..

Barry there would be no time limit for a competition, it will be your choice to set. I thought the previous competition was first class, the judging was very fair,  omitting names saves embarrassment at the lower end of points and in turn the higher points who need the ego trip.

Whatever I'm all for it whenever it will be 🙄

I'm so sorry to hear that both you and your husband are dealing with life changing health issues Doreen. I gathered from your past posts that you had some health problems but so much worse for you if you both have these difficulties to deal with. Let's hope the treatment does deliver improved circumstances for you and in the meantime keep smiling and keep up the photography and your involvement in this forum. Best wishes, joan

p.s.  I thought in your earlier post that you had made a 'typo' and had meant to type 'hobbies' not 'hubbies'

Thank you Joan, you are very kind and yes I will keep smiling and keep up the photography and involvement in the forum.. has become part of my life.

It is a difficult time in our lives, but hope and pray things will improve soon.

I wish my 'typo' did mean hobbies not hubbies..  I meant my Hubby's or I should say Husband's health there, but yes my Hobby's have taken a back seat too. Not sure how we spell these words, but rather think of my Hobby's/ Hobbies and getting back to it all😀

Best Wishes 

Doreen