The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Forum Issues

As some may have seen from another thread. As a personal project, more for interest than anything else, I have been trying to get my head around the WordPress method of creating a web site. This WP website is seperate to the new website I’ve been working on with my guru in the UK. 

So you could say this is my third website 😀 To enable me to do this I purchased a new domain name of www.beckhamdigital.photo and started playing around with Wordpress. It seems that those who put the forum address (www.beckhamforum.com.au) into their browser were then taken to my new WP site. www.beckhamdigital.photo

I’ve had the technical people working on this issue and it should now be resolved. www.beckhamforum.com.au does now bring you to this forum. Then again, if your reading this, then you already know the forum is working.

A few responses would reassure me you’re all seeing the same your end as I am😁

Once the technical people got the site up and running. I discovered that if the forum had been saved in a browsers favourites, it would not come up. The  Browser save option must also save some information that got changed.

If you put www.beckhamforum.com.au into any browser it is in fact working. So any old forum favourites in your browser need to be deleted and a new one created,

Barry

I'm not sure if I'm the thread that you are referring to but it now seems to be working correctly.

Thank you for your assistance.

Paul

You can see in my picture to the left that I don't have much hair. Its a good job really, or I would easily have pulled it all out.🤣

Thanks for the update Barry. I had actually worked out to remove the /forum/ from the URL to get to the forum again and saved as a favourite again. Seem to remember we did something similar last time.

It seems the issue may have been caused by me adding a second domain to the web space www.beckhamdigital.photo. I did check with the web people before I did it and explained exactly what I wanted to do and they said it was OK, but these things happen I suppose

I must give praise where it’s due Hostpapa are great at responding via an on line chat and fixing the problem live so you you can check it your end.

All good now and I’ll not be messing with it again

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the update on your forum issues. Done as you suggested and all is well. Thank you.

Great to see you and Carol  last week. Sorry to hear the latest  regarding Carol. Back problems as we all know can take a while to resolve so fingers crossed. The flights home were surprisingly better than I could have wished for. We both had room to lie down on empty seats for the 14 hour flight and I managed to sleep for a few hours although Alex always sleeps regardless.

Came back to a very cold ( for us anyway) England on Tuesday but today is somewhat warmer with a promising Easter wk/end. 

See you next time in Buderim.

Regards to you both

Anthony