The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

May 2019 Newsletter

The video was better than I thought. Video use should be much better when PTE 10 comes out later this year too.

The drone video Barry, did you create the slow motion effect within the drone settings or did you edit in PTE. My standalone video recorder takes slow motion video also the proshow software can do the same. Just wondering, I wouldn't mind a drone myself, but will have to see.

I don’t think I used any slow motion in that presentation. I did edit colour and contrast in Photoshop and then allowed PTE to optimise the video, but I’m pretty sure  I didn’t add slow motions, but if I did, it would have been in Photoshop during editing.

Drones look far more complicated than they actually are 😀

Thank you Barry

Maybe it looked like slow motion especially the water. I haven't the confidence to use a drone on my own, sure I'd get into trouble😈 My son loves them so suggested when he goes out treasure hunting with his metal detector it may be a good opportunity for me to join him with the drone, well practise that is😅 

It does look complicated though, but suppose everything is at the start😏

When you first fly the drone, you are a little apprehensive, because you have a fair bit of money invested in it, but that soon passes. When we say fly the drone, that’s a bit misleading because to those who don’t know them it implies there is some skill required, like flying an aircraft. There isn’t. 

You move a slider on screen and the thing takes off and hovers about 4 feet, then it’s simply up, down, left and right basically. Let go of the joy sticks at any time and the thing stops and hovers. I would say it’s more common sense than any real flying skill. Quite often, just sending the drone straight up will give you a very different perspective for your camera.

Thank you. It doesn't sound too complicated, guess I was thinking of a massive complicated aircraft😥

Hovering at 4 feet to begin and your explanation I would be able to practice at home in the garden, may be ideal as I'm not overlooked. Sounds more fun than spending a fortune on a new iMac computer🤔