The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Audacity

This free sound editing software used to be a perfect partner to PicturesToExe before we could do sound editing within PTE. However, I still find some uses for it and today I realised I hadn’t installed it since upgrading to W10.

The latest version of Audacity, now includes the Lame file to to allow the output of Mp3’s. It used to be an add on and took some searching for at times. Those who use Audacity and haven’t yet discovered the update, The export of MP3s is now included.

Thank you Barry.  As a recreational PTE user, I use Audacity for those odd things like sound effects, noise reduction, tailoring audio clips to my taste (getting rid of annoying thumping bass etc).  Time to upgrade Audacity, hey!  I've been exporting in WAV and ticking the convert to EXE MP3 box in PTE  ...  but then again I haven't upgraded PTE since PTE8 so I don't sound edit in PTE.  I love it that Audacity is genuinely free and for a free program, think it is great.

Audacity is a great program, but it is now easier and more convenient to sound edit within PicturesToExe. I use Audacity for recording sound off the PC and for converting my Camtasia sound only recordings to MP3 from m4a.

In the past the Lame file that allowed export of MP3 was sometimes hard to find. Not anymore now it’s all built in.

I’ve always used Audacity to record sound from videos, rather than seperate the sound, so personally I’ve never needed the ffmpeg, but the more the merrier I say