The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

AirPods

I use my iPad for almost all my entertainment, being able to watch what I like, when I feel like watching it. My Apple earphones which I also use constantly were wearing out, so I took the plunge and treated myself to a set of AirPods.

These are wireless and connect to your mobile devices via Bluetooth. I’m sure many of you have seen people wearing them, especially those constantly talking on the phone. 😁They are not cheap at almost $250, but the taxman send me $340 a few days ago that I wasn’t expecting. So, easy come, easy go.

They are pretty good I have to say. Tap the right one and your music will go to the next track, or YouTube will skip to the next video, very convenient. Remove an earpiece and your video or music pauses, starting again automatically when you replace the earpiece.  It’s the wire that gave out on my old earphones, so I shouldn’t have that problem now. 

They are particularly good if you’re just listening to a talk, discussion or music and you can prepare dinner or do other chores while being entertained.

Expensive, but darned good 😀

Hi Barry,

I have considered looking into these things but have yet to. I am somewhat behind you in this technology even though it's been with us for a long time.  I have only just bought a bluetooth speaker to use with my Iphone.  I was so impressed with the quality of Carolyn's Dave' speaker that I treated myself to a lovely little Sony as soon as we returned home.

I sit in the summer house with Beethoven and a coffee and toast. Can't be bad!

Anthony

We might well be coming over at Christmas Barry . I'll be getting a red cloak to go with my white beard for the kiddies.

So I think we might go head to head on who wrote the best tunes.. 18th or 21st century???

I suppose the draw is being in Australia at Christmas with the grandchildren, but I’m not sure I could get through an entire Aussie summer without aircon. At least to cool bedrooms down to sleep well 😎

If it happens Barry we  will be in our own apartment  with aircon perhaps on the coast. Wouldn't think of it otherwise.

The good thing is, this part of the Coast doesn’t seem to get the extremes of heat like some other places do. When it’s hot, there is always a wind that helps enormously. It’s the evenings when the sun goes down and the wind drops that we find aircon most useful.

Personal, I love the weather here. Even when it’s hot. 😁😎