The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Nostalgia

I have a task to move my recording room (tutorials) to a smaller room to reinstate a bedroom for visiting family. I've taken the opportunity to have a bit of a spring clean at the same time and chuck out some old small external drives that seemed huge capacity at the time they were bought, but not a great deal of use now. In doing so I came across a folder that contained an old Magazine articles and tutorials created in 2005.  It was saved with other magazine work so this must have been published back then.  It's Balloons from Bristol Hot Air Balloon Fiesta in 2005,  created with PicturesToExe 5.

I re-opened the project file in the beta version of PicturesToExe 10 and was able to create a new 60p Mp4 version using hardware acceleration. All I’ve changed is the website address at the end. I don't want to put it up on YouTube, but those interested can download it here. Its only 60MB, so won't take long and its an Mp4 as I've said. The size of 1024*768 pixels gives away its age.

Download Balloons

Well there a blast from the past. You were a regular at the Bristol balloon festival. I am sure I have a few CD's form Digital magazine with your tutorials on too maybe around 20012/3. Of course the one that really caught my attention was 'The Way Things Were' your AV study of the two open air museums at the Black Country and Ironbridge

That was the one that constantly changed from one montage to another. I made some changes to that recently and changed the music, the slide duration and the length. 

I'll try and find it and post a link

Have been away for a few days. My son and I had taken some of Colin's ashes to Ilfracombe, Devon. This led me to take my cameras, I took a few with the Canon mark11 infrared camera. I will post if presentable.

My Barry you've taken me back with the 2 AV's I remember them well. Think you have started the ball rolling of all my AV's on disk. I made a great one of our dog surfing and called it Surfing Poppy Dog UK. The music was Surfing USA, I would love to retrieve it and put it on youtube, I just have one set back with the music, would I be liable for copyright law? can't remember off hand who sang it.

You can’t remember who sang Surfin USA 😁 You’ll get drummed out of the music appreciation society 😁 It’s the Beach Boys and don’t worry about copyright law. If it was a major problem, I would be in Gaol now 🙁

Can you remake it from the project file to a 60p Mp4, that will work perfectly on YouTube

Think you'ld have plenty of company in Gaol Barry, I suspect that You Tube has plenty of music that the user doesn't have copyright for.

Looking forward to seeing your AV on You Tube Doreen.

Oh dear Barry think I'm having a bit of a moment. As I was sorting the dvd's yesterday, I was singing Surfing USA in my head and cause It was the brilliant Beach Boys. Now I know you are correct I am drummed out of music appreciation society ha, silly me after I played the dvd the music was Wipe Out, this is the one I couldn't remember. I have it on cd but that will take another day to find that🙄

I can remake it to a 60p Mp4, But I wanted to change the beginning and end. The beginning I think is presentable I just want to remove the last slide as it has writing on that I used for college and need to delete it somehow before you Tube.  I got it onto the time line using photodex but it came as one layer for the whole av. I then saw in movie maker it shown all clips so I may be able to modify it. I will have another go, time was running out yesterday. 

Thank you Joan I'll certainly try, this will give me another project to think about😑

Wipe out is a different track, but I remember it well. You could find it on YouTube and use Audacity to record it. Might be quicker than finding the CD 😊