The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JL

John

Hello Barry

can you help please. After my picture edit in photoshop, I resize for pictures to exe and digital projection. My new projector is 1920 x 1200 but I’ve always saved at 72dpi. Does this actually matter or should I leave it at the 300 dpi which is the resolution shown when you open the image size box.

It doesn't really matter John. If you resize an image to 1920*1200 pixels it's the same number of pixels whether you select 72 per inch or 300 per inch. 

If you compared two identical 1920*1200 pixel images in Photoshop's image size window.  One with 72 pixels per inch and one with 300 pixels per inch. They would be identical, apart from the 300 pixel per inch image would show a physical size of 6.4 * 4 inches. The 72 pixel per inch one would show a physical size value of 26.7 * 16.7 inches. 

With regard to PicturesToExe, I think the days of resizing images could be over if we adopt high quality 60p videos as our output option. This is not related to your question directly, but is worth considering. Check our the video on THIS PAGE called Executable or Mp4

Thank you Barry. Just what I needed to know. I do manual type presentations to various groups, including camera clubs so my needs slightly different to most PtoE users. However during my shows I do include the typical short a/v with music so again your advice on MP4 is also invaluable. Frightening, 30 years of giving presentations and still having to learn so much just to keep up.Thanks for all the tutorials.