The Beckham Digital Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Albedo 0.39

This slide show was created ages ago and I don't think it was fully published. The file size at the time it was created was huge in the days when an average show was just 10-15mb. The 5:4 AR and size gives away its age, but worth a view perhaps. I've re-published this show via PTE - 10 Beta 11

I seem to recall it being a bit of fun at the time to create the fractal images, but disappointed when the exe file size of the resulting slide show was huge. I guess caused by the content of the images.

Re-vamping some old work is all I have the time for at the moment. 

This is going to sound really lame, but I can’t remember. Someone on line introduced me to the software and I’m sure these images were created from a trial version,  but for the life of me I can’t now recall.

Wonder Barry was it Proshow gold or Proshow Producer that produced the fractal images? I did similar for an AV called Button Kaleidoscope, the background was made up of so many animated layers in various directions, I liked it a lot but the show struggled as I added the music, it worked eventually removing some layer styles. You did make a DVD tutorial for Proshow Gold, I still have it, must be 12 years ago🤔

Excellent Barry enjoyed that very much, I used to look forward to members posting and discussing  A.Vs, but no-one seems to do it anymore.

Maybe we should have a A.V. revival month  Sometime in the future. 

I am thinking of making a show @ 1600 X 1200 for "members Evening" at my camera club, I have never made a show this size. Question. are there do's and dont's or does normal rules apply for this size ?.

People seem reluctant to make comment in these Politically  Correct days. They don’t feel able or willing to comment with some saying it’s  because they don’t make AV and they feel unqualified to comment themselves It’s a bit odd, because we don’t make feature films, but we feel ok giving an opinion on those.

Members Evening

Why 1600*1200, why not full HD 1920*1080.  You can use full size images to make your show and publish it to a 60p Mp4 HD video. Quality is superb and it will play OK on an older club laptop. It will play on a smart TV, Mac’s and is perfect for YouTube and posting the YouTube link here

It's such a shame  political correctness / health and safety is taking over my life, I was under arrest for 2 hours recently for taking photographs inside a factory that was empty and derelict, I refused to show the contents of my card.

I always make A.V.s at 1920 x 1080.

As you know, 1600 x 1200 is the standard for club screens,  thought it would be worth a try ? or not.

It was a former Post Office building I must admit. I was not supposed to be there but I went through the same gap in the fence as other photographers, it was quite dark inside the building I was in the process of setting up my tripod when a security chap started talking to me about photography, he pointed out a place of interest I went inside, he then locked me in,  the police turned up asking questions and what was on my card, I refused to hand it over, I then asked the officer to arrest the security guy for false imprisonment. 

In the end the officer was fed up gave me a warning not to trespass on the property again.

I would  like to have been there the next time security man made a cup of tea/coffee, I peed in his kettle. you have to go somewhere. 

I do smile about it now but very annoyed at the time.

Back to my original question.

I always make A.V.s at 1920 x 1080.

As you know, 1600 x 1200 is now the standard for club screens are there any do's and don'ts making an A.V. at this size ? 

Or would you stick to 1920 x 1080 ? 

I agree 

and it’s time the photographic world kept up with progress. 😂 I think it was only last Tuesday that they all finally accepted Digital 😂😂